Monday, November 22, 2010

Trying To Fight Gravity

You act as though
You don't understand

That I really do
Have a condition

You can't seem to take
What's going on seriously

You tell me to
Buck up and deal with it

That there are people
Worse off than me out there

And when I do take action
Outside of all of you

Because I need help
And you won't acknowledge that

You either ignore it completely
Or talk about that impact and gravity

Of the actions
I have taken

But don't talk to me
About impact

When I was hit
So hard by her

That all sense of who I am
And why I'm here

Was knocked out
Of me completely

Don't talk to me
About gravity

When I am plummeting to the bottom
Of the sea of her emotions

And even though I'm drowning
I can't lift myself out

I refuse to believe
That this is just ignorance

But I'm not sure
What it is

Maybe you are trying
To protect yourselves

Because you don't want to know
How bad things really are

I don't blame you.
I wouldn't either.

Why do you think
I try to escape

With every
Chance I get?

Maybe that's what
She was doing

Trying to
Protect herself

Maybe that's what
She's still doing

Maybe it's harder to see
The pain in my eyes

Or to hear my cries
While you're drowning me

I have never wanted
Anything to be hard on you

So if drowning me is what it takes
To keep you sane

Then I will stop
Trying to fight gravity