Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Only Two Things I've Ever Believed In

Sober, drunk
Trial, guilt, innocence

I love her. Always.
Under all circumstances.

To me she
Will always be

An amazing person
Who made some bad decisions

Instead of a horrible person
Who had a few shining moments

That I happened
To see

Today makes me wonder
If there's anything

She can do
To convince me

That she isn't the person
I've always made her out to be

The person she, up until a few months ago,
Showed me she was

I have no idea where I am
I have no idea where she is

But I know that
She is on my heart

And she will
Always remain there

And after today
I realized that

I don't know if there's anything
That can change that

Will I ever let myself
Accept the fact

That she isn't coming back?
That she isn't that amazing?

To me, denying that would
Be like denying my faith

Because, at times, it seems as though
Those may be the only two things I've ever believed in