Sunday, November 14, 2010

Too Much Heart

I have changed so much
I've become a shell of who I once was

I feel as though
I'm not even recognizable

When I like in the mirror
I don't know whose eyes I'm seeing

Maybe that's because
All I can see is you

But my friends seem
To not even know who they're talking to

My mom told me
That you had taken me from her

They tell me I'm not
The person they once knew

And how can I dispute them?
There's nothing left to me

Well, there is one thing
My heart hasn't changed

It's still
Too big

For its own good
For my own good

It encompasses what little
Is left of me

And at the same time
It was what took it all away to begin with

And it's the one thing
No one can change

You stripped every piece of me away
But not that

And sometimes
I wish you would

It's becoming so hard
To carry around

Especially with so
Little strength left

I am a skeleton
With nothing left

But a heart
That has gone from

Being the best part of me
To being the one thing that's

Weighing me down more each day
Killing me little by little each day