Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Is it true, is love all you need?"

You may disagree with me when I say
That love really is all you need

Because it doesn't pay the bills
It doesn't sustain you

At least not in the sense
That we see as important

It doesn't keep you
Alive and breathing

But it makes you want to stay alive.
It makes you want to keep breathing.

Yes, you can survive without it.
But can you live without it?

Can you experience the true joy
Of what life has to offer

Can you experience true passion
Without it?

I know that
I didn't. I couldn't.

True love pulled me out
Of the dark depths of depression

In a way that counselors, medications,
What have you, could not

So you can believe love
Is far from all you need

But I can tell you
To my great misfortune

That love really is
All I need