Friday, November 5, 2010

So What Does It Mean?

So this time
After I asked

For the sign
I dreamt about us

Yet again
And it was

The most vivid dream
Yet to come

I still feel like
I'm in the middle of it

We were in exactly the same place
That we are now

And I was chasing after you
And finally I stopped

And got down on one knee
And asked you to marry me

I said "I know we don't have the money for this
And I know we're too young"

"And I cant
Buy you a ring"

"But I'm proposing because I want
To spend the rest of my life with you"

"We can do this
I swear we can make it"

"In time I'll be able
To give you these things"

"In time it will all be okay
If you just say yes"

"We can make it through
All of this"

And you took my hand
And pulled me up

And said, with tears in your eyes,
"Okay, I'll marry you"

"But if I do
We'll both have to be broken"

Is that why you left me?
To protect us both?

I thought we were saving each other
Were we just breaking each other piece by piece?

And were you just the only one
That could see it?