Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Fine Line between Reality and Escape

I can tell when I'm
Starting to sober up

Because you seem
Like less of a memory

And seem more
Real to me

So if I can't
Go any further

I just
Try to sleep

But then I realize that
You are with me more in my dreams

Than you are when I'm awake
And of a decent state of mind

So it's crazy to use
Sleep as an outlet

But at least then
I can't control it

That's a little better, right?
Or is it?

Am I ever
Really in control?

It seems as though you are
The only one in control

And to think you said
You wanted less control

Over my life
And that's why you left

So much for doing the right thing
So much for being better off

That seems to be
What you thought

That seemed to be
What your friends said

Back when they
Were being honest

Back before they
Got caught up

In the drama and lies
That have been started

Since you
Walked away

And I won't
Blame you or I

I will just attribute it to the fact that
The would just can't spin properly when we're not together

Things just aren't right
I'm just not right

I hope this happiness
Isn't completely real

And that you are feeling
Some of what I'm feeling

That you know deep down
Something in your life isn't right

And that that something
Might be me

Because we were all the other knew for so long
We had a home. We had plans. We had a life.

When was that no longer enough?
When was I no longer enough?

And was there anything
I could do to fix it?

Half of me hopes
That there was

So I have
A reason to believe

But half of me
Hopes that there wasn't

Because then I would
Have a reason to regret

And I don't think I could
Take one more negative emotion

That could be just enough
To push me over the edge

I hope not, because I made
Promises about not leaving

But then again
So did you

And I always claim that
You're twice the person I am

So what would accepting that
Make me look like?

Can I even look
Any worse without you?

Can I even look
Any more broken without you?