Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Can't Leave You Guys Behind

I'm certainly afraid of dying
But what is it that scares me?

Is it the unknown?
Or is it the thought

Of losing the ones
I have left?

Am I ready to leave behind
The one I call my soulmate?

Don't I want to hang around
For another mixed CD? Another checklist?

Or another late night
Filled with frustration and laughter?

Am I ready to leave behind
The one who saved me

When she
gave up the job?

Can I leave that
Place and person of comfort?

The one who has proven
They would do anything

To keep me afloat
Even wrestle me to the ground

The one who has provided me
With a safe place to go

When I am no longer
Safe from myself

Am I ready to leave behind
The one I've helped through the same thing?

How could I abandon them
After all of that?

How could I be
Such a hypocrite?

And what about
The ones who said,

"If you go,
I go"

How can I jump
Knowing I would

Take you down
With me?

I may not have
A life left to live

But I know
That you do

And I can't
Take that from you

And I can't bear
To take the hope

Of those
Who would stay

I don't want
For a second

For them to feel
The way I do everyday