Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Still Here

They've knocked us off our feet
So let's lay here forever

They've broken us down, so let's
Put each other back together

They're trying to teach us
But we have nothing to learn

There's no such thing
As a love you have to earn

They've broken my heart, but you
Still have a piece in your hand

And because I know I will see it one day
I will comply with their demands

And I know from where I am
I can't offer much

But when they push you
Just feel my touch

When they yell
Just hear my words

When they try to tell
You what you deserve

Remember the truth
In my voice

Remember that soon
You will have a choice

When the tears fall at night
Know that I am by your side

When you can't sleep
Just feel my heart beat

Hold on to the sounds of my breathing
And promise you won't stop believing

I can't give you
A world without pain

But I can offer
You an escape

Just give me a little time
And I'll give you my life