Monday, February 21, 2011

From Before to Now

You gave me your heart
And we went back to the start

Before all this pain
Before you tucked it away

Hidden from the world
And its sea of loneliness

And I found a way inside
Through all the brokenness

You set your heart
In my hands

As if you knew all along
That this was His plan

Even if love is all we have right now
Maybe all that matters is this moment

Or every moment since the second
You realized you weren’t completely broken

The moment I saw
That smile on your face

And the joy that came
From finally feeling safe

So run way with me
Just take a chance

Don’t give the world
A passing glance

Even when they say
I have a choice

Because the truth is when
You came I lost my voice

The only words
That would flow

Were those of a love
Like I’ve never known