Friday, January 28, 2011

We Needed Saving

I swore I'd never
Write when I was angry

Because these words
Aren't just my diaries

They are there
For the world to see

And for
You to see

But didn't I
Start this to cope?

So wouldn't it be more
Hypocritical to not write?

I guess I figure that
It's easier for you

To forget the
Bad sides of me

When they're
Not in writing

And besides
This isn't profound

This won't
Change your life

And it won't
Make you cry

At least not
In the good way

I know that
Venting or leaving

Aren't my
Only options

But I don't like
The in between either

Yet that has
Come to encompass

So much of
What this is

I am constantly in the
Confusing throws of limbo

Where fear, stress
Anxiety, and worry dominate

Do not misunderstand
My love

I do not
Say these things

To imply any
Fault of yours

You did not
Cause this

You would stop it
If you could

Such an odd
Idea though

Because if you
Could stop it

It wouldn't be
Worth fighting for

To add to
The irony

I ask for
Very little

But what I
Do ask for

Those few things
Are the few things

That I
Can't have

That you
Can't give me

At least
Not right now

So I'm
Left waiting

I didn't
Have patience

Before
You came

But you didn't
Have emotions

Crazy how we
Jerked these things

Out of
Each other

An exchange
We both needed

And never wanted
But wouldn't trade

For
Anything

Because somehow
Broken together

Seems to make more sense
Than whole apart

I guess we were never
Really whole before

We were just
Living in

The blissful throws
Of ignorance

Having no idea
We needed saving