Sunday, October 10, 2010

You Are My Ocean

This was supposed to be a time away
A time when I didn't think about you

Didn't think about what happened
Or try to figure out the reasons why

But it seems like all of my experiences
Have become a metaphor for you and I

Like how the water freezes so much it hurts
At first, until you get used to it

Maybe I have to stay in this pain for a while
To become numb to the stinging feeling

Or how, when you try to run in the ocean,
It feels as though you're fighting with twice your strength to get half as far

That's kind of how
I feel with you

I'm fighting with everything I have
So that you'll come back to me

But it's starting to feel
Like I'm just running in the ocean

Kidding myself into thinking
That all of this effort

Will get me out of the cold any faster