Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beach Retreat

I didn't come here
Looking for a cure

I didn't come here
Thinking I would get over what happened

I came here
Out of sheer desperation

I came here because I thought
There may be someone there to convince me to stay

Because I had begun thinking
About leaving it all behind again

And what I was given
Wasn't a cure

I wasn't just told
To get over it

I was given touch so compelling and sincere
That it brought me to tears

I was given prayer
With words from the heart

Words with such genuine care behind them
Words that I know were given by You

Words that gave me hope
That it would all be okay

I met people
That gave me a reason to stay

At least long enough
To get to know them

To share my story
And to hear theirs

I was not only spoken to, but listened to
In a way that conveyed unquestionable care

And I worshiped
With these people

Worshiped with a sense of community and closeness God
That I have never known

I felt God
I felt these people

These people that I barely knew
Pouring their hearts out to Him

And I could not help but to be touched
To be saved by such love

When I consider leaving it all behind
Which I still do sometimes

I think about how we worshiped that night on the beach
I think about how truly loved and cared for I felt

And I can't bring myself
To leave that behind just yet