Tuesday, October 26, 2010

All We Need To Escape

I have begun to drink you away
Like you drank me away every night

Until the day
You made that call

I'm seeing your reflection
In every tear I cry

Just as you saw mine
As the tears flowed

Every time you thought about
What you were about to do

And all the anger, battles and lies
Couldn't mask them

And least
Not from me

You didn't have to tell me
For me to know they were there

And now I'm looking for fulfillment
Looking for ways to cope in all of the wrong places

Just as you did
For many years

Before you found me
And were set free

So now, because of what you've done
I've become the person you once were

I finally understand
In the truest sense

What made you
Who you were

On the day
That we met

So now we're
Completely the same

And all we need to escape
Is each other