Thursday, September 23, 2010

From a friend...

I will by no means take credit for these, but a friend recently shared them with me and I could definitely understand where they were coming from in writing them so I thought I'd share.

Forgotten Tomb

Somewhere locked deep inside
Are the feelings that I hide
The feelings of a love so pure
It's sad they weren't so sure

So they caused me all this pain
And caused me to go insane
So I lock my feelings inside their tomb
The feelings from which I felt so much gloom

Now they hurt me no more
Except the open wounds so sore
The corpses of my love, heart, and soul
Are buried in that deep dark hole

Behind a set of doors
With traps set in the floors
And of course there's a lock and key
It will take some work to set them free

But if you have the time and skill
You may find a way still
To break into that hallowed room
And release my soul from its sullen tomb


Leaving Love

All the tears that I cry
Seem to be in correlation to your lies
And all the things that you say
Never seem to happen that way

All the feelings that I felt
And every situation with which I dealt
It all seemed to be because of you

I know you're feeling it too
This is long overdue
Me and love, we're through

Every night I lie awake
Every hit I take
Every time I was down
Every time I got up off the ground

It was love that put me there
Now I have nothing left to share
All of this because of you

I know you feel it too
This is long overdue
Me and love, we're through

I can't imagine this life
Without all your strife
I can't stand in this rain
Without feeling your pain

I can't tip this bottle back
Without it pouring in every crack
Sadly I know it's true
It's all because of you

I know you're feeling it too
This is long overdue
Me and love are through

I ride off into the sun
Knowing that I'm done
I can finally live free
Without you weighing down on me

I can finally breathe this breath
Without thinking about everything I left
I can finally move on
Knowing that I'm gone

To look back again
Would be a mortal sin
I know we had our fun
But me and love, we're done


Cranial Garden

You planted thoughts in my head
I watered them and made sure they were fed
I talked to them and gave them light
Hoping everything would turn out right

I'm not quite sure why you put them there
But you left them without a care
You left them lying in their bed
So I let them wither, see them dead

I don't know why you led me here
Your intentions were never clear
I couldn't see what you had to gain
By causing me all this pain

Now I told you that they died
Told you how hard I tried
You seemed so sad to see them go
If that's true why couldn't you let me know

You seemed to want to keep them alive
Am I just another bee living in your hive
So hard to keep these thoughts green
When you couldn't tell me what they mean to you

I don't know why you lead me here
Your intentions were never clear
I couldn't see what you had to gain
By causing me all this pain

Now I've seen beyond your game
Removed your garden from my brain
I still have no idea why you wanted it there
Honestly I couldn't care

I only wish you the best
Sorting out all the rest
You said you wanted to be more than friends
But wouldn't bring yourself to it in the end

I wish I knew why you lead me here
I wish you could make your intentions clear
I wish I could see what you had to gain
So I could use it to get past all this pain

A slight drizzle coming down
The seeds laying in the ground
Light shining where they lay
Maybe they could find a way