Sunday, January 2, 2011

Proving The World Wrong

I think the reason why
I hated cliches

Was because I thought
That they didn't really exist

Heartache was an expression
Butterflies didn't exist

Love at first sight
Was for the movies

No one ever feels
This way this fast

But it didn't take me long to realize
We had just the right kind of cliche

The kind of true love
That defies all the odds

The kind of love that most people
Wouldn't dare to hope for

The kind of love that you
Didn't dare to hope for

Just the sound of each other's
Voices gives us butterflies

Our hearts ache when
We leave each other

The sound of the other's
Breathing puts us to sleep

It took me seconds
To fall for you

It took me days
To realize it was love

I want nothing more from each day
That to spend it with you

Yes, it defies reason
It defies the odds

But I say
Screw the odds

I no longer care
What the world thinks

About our cliche
About our love

Let's prove the world wrong together.