Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hanging By A Thread

We can't take anymore
But I don't see either of us leaving

I don't want to touch you
But our lips keep meeting

I don't want to scream
But I can't seem to stop the fight

Maybe I figure if I try hard enough
Then maybe you just might

Come through for me
And show me there's something left

Show me that there's good
Underneath this mess

That we've created
What have we done?

We're still fighting a battle
That we should've already won

At least, that's what you told me
But they told me you were wrong

And that that was something
I should have known all along

And what if I say I did knew
And that I thought about leaving

That I thought about taking my heart back
While I had the chance, while it was still beating

Because I didn't know how much
Strength I had left to keep it going

When I knew there was no way to
Keep it intact as long as I kept moving

Be it towards you or away from you
So now you can see this rock and hard place

That has begun to encompass what we have
So at this point should I even bother trying to save face?

Should I just be who I am
Instead of who you need me to be?

Showing you that what you will find when you look at me
Is nowhere close to what you want to see

So would you rather have me
Or have what you need?